Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Yellow Horse

The Yellow Horse


One of my newer pieces that is slated to be exhibited in International Contemproary Masters of  Fine Art at Greenhouse Gallery.  I'm happy to have been selected, I think this will be the fourth year I've done the show, it never disapoints.  There are always a number of very fine works of art. 

This piece is centered around an idea of balancing the man-made with the natural elements.  It seems that the longer the human race survives, the more important it has become that this idea develops into something real and sustainable.

This piece comes from a photograph that I took recently.  Strangely I did not venture out with the purpose of painting a train, but for some reason this is the only really great image I brought home with me.  Sometimes one doesn't know what the day's adventures will bring, I suppose what's more important is that we recognize the special moments when they cross our path, capture them and enjoy them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment